Monday, May 10, 2010

I can't get the song out of my head now.

So yesterday was Mother's Day. Therefore, I was obligated to see my maternal figures. I drove all the way out to BFE to visit my mother and grandmother. It is just as much fun as it sounds. Thirty minutes away from Florence and I am "home".

Now, whenever my mother finds out I'm dating someone new, she tends to ask questions. She thinks that I am a golden child and that few men on the planet are good enough for me to date. She honestly believes that I date beneath me. I think she thinks too much of me, her kid or not.

I started telling her a bit about Tim. Now much though. I don't want her to start being all condescending as usual.

She asked, "So how tall is he?"

I told her, "Tim is 6 ft 2."

She sighed with relief. I looked at her with a look curiosity.She smirked at me and said, "Well, at least you're no longer dating a member of the Lollipop Guild."

Now I can't stop humming that stupid song from Wizard of Oz.

I love my mother because she has my same awful, bitchy sense of humor.

I'm trying not to make cracks about my ex, but I will repeat funny crap other people say.


No comments: